With the Lunar Eclipse approaching in less than a week, I captured some photos of the First Quarter Moon Phase. These are also my first photos of the Moon of 2019. 🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑
Since we had a holiday on Wednesday, the week went by quick. But it was very busy. I’m glad the weekend has arrived. And now, we all can chill. On the other hand, Chewbacca looked at me like: “What??? It’s already Friday, again? Daddy will work in the kitchen. And he will make too many noises sanding the cabinets. Oh boy, there goes my weekend!” 😀
Last Winter, Kevin and I have noticed that the new tiled floors make the house feel cooler. We talked about getting a few runners. When we spend a good Dollar on something, I want to last it for several years. And I need to like it. In the meantime, a DiY-carpet runner has to do the job keeping us warm. Kevin ordered a French Knitter, which arrived yesterday. Last night, I started with my little project. In the photos it shows the beginning of a round carpet for the front room. It keeps me busy, while I watch TV after the girls are in bed. The pictures show the blue much lighter. But it is actually called “pool”. Today, I added “mint” as a second color. I’ll keep you updated with this knitting project.
Gender: unknown (it goes by Jerry)
Imprisoned for the charges of Trespassing a human property; Multiple noise complaints over the past 12 months; Eating too much cheese.
Awaiting trial in Rodent Jail*
Bail is set for One Log of String Cheese.
The date is set for Wednesday, April 11 2018 at 6:00 P.M. CDT
*The trial will include seven jury members, unless Mr. Squirrel and four birds show up in time (dangit, we should have kept the ducklings … JK!)
A Mouse On Trial
Mr. Mouse deserved a fair trial. To be safe, we had to put a couple of Jury members behind a glass door. Close to the end, the Jury was still undecided (10:2). Two members of the Jury wanted Mr. Mouse fried and for dinner, therefore he was guilty for them.
Mr. Mouse defended himself by saying, that the smell of fresh meat on the grill lured him into the yard. One of the Jury members invited him inside the house. It was not his fault trespassing the human property. He’s a mouse and follows his taste buds. Once he was in the house, two of the Jury members chased him. (Good Jury is so hard to find these days!) The only way to get away, he ran behind the dish washer. There was a hole in the wall. And he jumped in there to be safe from these two mean kitty cats, which wanted to eat him. Unfortunately, he couldn’t find his way back out. So he made a lot of ruckus to let the humans know, he was trapped. The humans cut a bigger hole on the other side of the wall space. And he could smell the cheese coming from outside that hole in the wall. Over time, he ate half a dozen cut up pieces of cheese. But every time, the humans turned on the light, the cats followed them and he got scared. He ran back into the wall. Finally, he got a sweet taste of peanut butter & a chocolate chip breakfast bar. He was very careful, not to step on the lever, because he knew it was a trap. But the kitty cat startled him. He jumped, and the gate closed behind him. He was trapped in Rodent Jail. He sat there and ate the last crumbs of the chocolate chip breakfast bar, until it was time for his trial.
The Judge had a big heart for the tiny mouse and spoke him from all three charges. Later, Mr. Mouse was set free at a nearby field. It has thick grass and a pond. Once the trap was on the ground, Mr. Mouse couldn’t believe the gate was open. But then he jumped out of his prison and leaped over the field into the thick, green grass. He was free at last. Now, Mr. Mouse is back in the hands of Mother Nature. May he live a long healthy life. ❤
Before I can start a new chapter, I have to review the old one for a moment. Wow, what a year!!! I think, I’ve never done so much in one year before, than what I’ve accomplished in 2017.
- In January, I’ve got my US citizenship. Nine months after applying for it, I took the oath on the 12th. What an exciting moment in my life.
- In February, a couple of ladies and I started a new community garden. Now, we can grow food for people in need. And we can enjoy it, because it is drama free.
- In March, my maternal grandmother passed away. Unfortunately, it would have happened sooner or later. It’s a part of life, and it has to go on. ~ We also had a hail storm. I’ve never seen hail this big. Our cars got a few dents from that storm.
- In April, Kevin had to go on a business trip in Long Beach, CA. He used the opportunity to go to Downtown Disney in Anaheim for an evening. ~ My friend Janet visited with her husband and son from Germany. We had such a fun day at the Fort Worth Zoo.
- In May, Sara had her dance recital. She got a trophy for that. ~ Kevin and I saw U2 live in concert. They performed in the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It was on my bucket list for the last 14 years.
- In June, Kevin and I went to the musical “Rock of Ages” at the Casa Mañana in Fort Worth. The guy, who played “Stacee Jaxx” flipped a thong at me. I’m still laughing. That was hilarious. ~ We also went on a trip to New York. I saw my long-time school friend Katja in Ohio after 30 years, again; we visited Kevin’s highschool friends in Niagara Falls, he hasn’t seen for 24 years; we went to Canada, New York City, and saw the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
- In July, Finley passed away. I still feel sad of his passing. But I also believe, he’s in a good spot, hanging out with our dog Ranger. They both earned their wings for sure.
- In August, Sara went back to RCJ Machado to practise Jiu Jitsu. Since Katelynn is very busy with her school band, we needed an activity for Sara. She started Jiu Jitsu in 2015, took a two year break, and then went back again.
- In September, we got our floors done in our house. Those old nasty carpets and laminated floors went out. And a brand new tiled floor came in.
- In October, Kevin and I saw the Bret Michaels Band live in concert at Lava Cantina in The Colony. Bret is sooo sexy. I’m still drooling. 😀 😉
- In November, Kevin and I went to see Jeff Dunham’s show in Wichita Falls. He is a great comedian. Walter, Peanut, Achmed & friends are just awesome.
- In December, we went to California. Santa brought tickets to go to Disneyland. We had a beautiful time with family; went to the beach in San Diego; checked out Hoover Dam; visited the Grand Canyon, again; and therefore avoided some of the cold weather in Texas. We just came back home, two days ago.
Yep, it was a busy and amazing year. I’ve knocked out three items on my bucket list in the first half of 2017.
After posting 400 blogs, I can close this book and start a new one. May 2018 be as awesome as the previous year. Kevin and I plan to see P!nk live in concert in May. P!nk is on Kevin’s bucket list. He always wanted to see her, since he listened to her music and watched her first video. Let’s see, how that show will be.
I wish all my followers a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
Kevin and I drove to a furniture distribution center in Arlington this morning. It supposed to be a surprise. But Kevin was too excited and told me, I’m getting the dining set I saw in a local furniture store for Christmas. The girls knew it. And they kept it a secret. “Oh Daddy, why did you tell Mom about the secret. It supposed to be her Christmas present from all of us?” Katelynn asked Kevin, while she had the look of disappointment written all over her face. I played it off, saying: “Yeah, we’ll get the set this morning. But don’t tell Mom! It’s a secret! 😉 ” She had to laugh.
After Kevin put the table together, we both agreed it needs place mats and a nice fruit bowl as a center piece. So we had to go shopping, again. The girls need some more presents under the tree. They grow out of their clothes so quick. A couple of shirts and pants will do. And these cozy, fluffy sock are the hit in our house in Winter time.
The Waning Gibbous Perigee Moon looks very beautiful in the background of our Christmas lit house. I captured some photos, before the Moon was too high in the sky.
UPDATE: Ha! About an hour after I took these photos, the clouds rolled in with thunder and lightning. What a lucky moment I went outside and saw the Moon, in time.
Hey followers, I’m back! And I have exciting news. I know, the headline gives it away. But we’ve got done a day earlier than expected. Isn’t that awesome? HURRAY! 🎉🎈
On Monday, the workers came in to smooth and prep the floor. It was an all day process. And the prepping texture had to set and dry overnight. The next morning, a couple more workers came in and helped to get all the tiling done. That was great. That way all the tiles could set overnight. The following day (Wednesday), the regular crew of three workers came in. They did the grouting in the morning, and all the touch-ups in the afternoon. I have to say, I’m very impressed with them. They worked clean and left no trash behind. And when I asked them to do something extra, they worked with me in a heartbeat. I definitely would love to do business with them, again. We need to safe some $ first, before we can get the bedroom floors done.
This morning, I’ve also noticed I can breath much better in the house. Those stinky old carpets and the dust beneath them are GONE! HURRAY! 🎉🎈Haha! I’m just in a great mood to celebrate this accomplishment. This construction was my biggest headache. Because it was such a big surface, that needed to be taken care off in the house. Now, that it is all done, I’m very happy. Monday, I’ll start to prep and resurface the walls in the frontroom. Then I can paint them. Once that is done, all the furniture can go back to their places, where they belong. And we’ll have a room, we can call our living room, again.
As I mentioned yesterday, we are getting our floors done in the house. Yay! Since I have my internet hotspot on my phone, not so Yay! The construction worker said, it shouldn’t take longer than Thursday to get tiled floors. After that, I have to re-surface and paint the walls in the front room. I hope, by then I can set up the modem, again. I rather like to work on a desk anyway. My laptop sits on an mandarin orange box, right now. LOL And my back’s hurting from hunching over.
Here is a photo to give you an idea, how the tiles will look like, once they are installed. It will have this natural look of hardwood floors. But they are tiles. And they will be so much easier to clean, since I have two kids, two dogs, two cats, and a husband in the house.
I’ll see y’all towards the end of the week and will report about the new floor in our house.
Kevin and the girls were working on the floors, today. Sara had to hold the heating gun towards the laminate tiles, while Kevin tried to get with a scraper under them. When Sara got bored, Katelynn took over for a while. Since these laminate tiles were glued to the concrete, Kevin went almost nowhere with the scraper. It was time to get the “big gun” out and show that darn floor, who is the boss. It got a loud a little bit, because Kevin used the compressor. Ha, all of a sudden the laminate came off in no time. And Kevin got further ahead than he was actually planning to be by this evening.
Tomorrow, we plan on getting the laminate in the utility area and under the dishwasher. Maybe we also can remove the carpet in the hallway towards the bedrooms. Kevin is tired and sore, right now. We’ll see, what’s in store for tomorrow.