It’s “Halloween Season Monday”! This time, I post about the years 2011 & 2012. Sara was old enough to enjoy Halloween. And she loved to go to Trick-or-Treat with her sister.
Awww! In 2011 was one of my favorite Halloween Seasons of all time so far. Katelynn had a crush on “Marvin, the Martian” and wanted to marry him. That’s right. She loved this Looney Toon character so much, we had to get her a plush Marvin. She said, she wants to become an Astronaut and be the First Woman on Mars. Well, over the years her idea of flying to Mars has changed. But she still wants to be a Paleontogist, now. 😉
Sara was the cutest little garden gnome, I’ve ever seen. It was her first Halloween, she could walk to the houses. But she still had a hard time to catch up with her older sister. Her little feet were not fast enough. So, she called Katelynn to wait for her: “Kaitin, Kaitin! I want to go T’ick-o’-T’eat with you!” Sara wasn’t scared of any monsters either. Since we always made a big fest out of Halloween, she must have thought it is normal.
My little Garden Gnome & Marvin, the Martian (2011)
“WUUUAAAARRRR! I’m a zombie!” (2011)
The witch’s cooking … (2011)
Katelynn is ready for Trick-or-Treat
The witch added some eyeballs to her brew. (2011)
Death invites the little princesses, goblins, and zombies to our house. (2011)
“Kaitin, Kaitin! Wait for me! I want to go T’ick-o’-T’eat with you!”
My favorite photo of Halloween ❤ (2011)
Halloween “Diddl” Wreath 2011
Nevermore on the gravestone (2011)
Katelynn’s & Sara’s Jack-o-Lanterns (2011)
Halloween display in front of our house in 2011
Kevin, the girls and I went to a couple of fun events that season. Finally, we made it to “Boo at the Zoo” at the Fort Worth Zoo. The weather was perfect for some Trick-or-Treat time. And Sara had a Halloween Party at her daycare, where she could play a lot of games, had hot dogs, lemonade and cake. Once in a while, it’s fun to splurge. 😉
Do you see the rat in front of the tomb stone? (2012)
“RAAAWWWWR! LET ME OUT OF HERE!” (2012)
A “Boo at the Zoo” Pumpkin (2012)
Sara in her Kitty Cat costume (2012)
Katelynn and Sara are ready for the daycare Halloween Party.
“Mom, here is my tongue for shooting too many photos of me!”
Happy Halloween 2012!
… to be continued next Monday, October 22, 2018 …
It’s “Halloween Season” Monday, again. Today, I’ll blog about Katelynn helping me carving pumpkins, Sara’s First Halloween, and more visits at the pumpkin patch and the zoo.
Katelynn wanted to help me with the pumpkin carving. So, I’ve got her a little pumpkin she could play with and get the pumpkin guts out. She always loved to say: “We need to get all the pumpkin yikes out!” And then she played with the gooey inside of the pumpkin.
“We need to get the pumpkin yikes out of the pumpkin!” 😀
The Graveyard 2008
Both pumpkins on Halloween night (2008)
The ol’ witch at our door entrance.
Sara was only twelve days old, when we celebrated Halloween in 2009. She was such a cute little Pumpkin. Katelynn wanted to help with the pumpkins again, while her little sister took a nap. Katelynn was very proud being a big sister. She really enjoyed taking Sara out for her first Trick-or-Treat. All bundled up we walked through the neighborhood and collected candy on this cool October night. The fresh air was good for the little munchkin.
Katelynn helps carving another pumpkin.
Katelynn’s (left) and Sara’s (right) pumpkins in 2009
Katelynn carved this pumpkin with a little bit of help from Mommy. 😉 (2009)
Sara First Halloween
“Okay, enough with the photos! I want to go to Trick-or-Treat!”
Witch Brew 2008
Katelynn loves going to the pumpkin patch, because she can jump in the bounce house, go on hay rides and pick a pumpkin. Sara just enjoyed crawling around between the pumpkins. Every pumpkin had to be tested by giving it a good slap on top. We also went to the Pirate Days. Unfortunately “Boo at the Zoo” got rained out the day, we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. But it wasn’t the end of the world, either. The girls got out and had fun, anyway.
Katelynn at the Pumpkin Patch (2010)
Bouncy houses are fun
And hay rides are fun, too.
“Mommy, I don’t want any photos taken. I’m hungry!”
Katelynn as a kitty cat at the Pirate Days (2010)
Katelynn loves the jump ropes. She bounced all the way high up in the air.
Rain or shine, Sara is happy.
Sara at the Pumpkin Patch (2010)
My ‘Jack Skellington’ Pumpkin (2010)
… to be continued next Monday, October 15, 2018 …
Before I can start a new chapter, I have to review the old one for a moment. Wow, what a year!!! I think, I’ve never done so much in one year before, than what I’ve accomplished in 2017.
- In January, I’ve got my US citizenship. Nine months after applying for it, I took the oath on the 12th. What an exciting moment in my life.
- In February, a couple of ladies and I started a new community garden. Now, we can grow food for people in need. And we can enjoy it, because it is drama free.
- In March, my maternal grandmother passed away. Unfortunately, it would have happened sooner or later. It’s a part of life, and it has to go on. ~ We also had a hail storm. I’ve never seen hail this big. Our cars got a few dents from that storm.
- In April, Kevin had to go on a business trip in Long Beach, CA. He used the opportunity to go to Downtown Disney in Anaheim for an evening. ~ My friend Janet visited with her husband and son from Germany. We had such a fun day at the Fort Worth Zoo.
- In May, Sara had her dance recital. She got a trophy for that. ~ Kevin and I saw U2 live in concert. They performed in the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It was on my bucket list for the last 14 years.
- In June, Kevin and I went to the musical “Rock of Ages” at the Casa Mañana in Fort Worth. The guy, who played “Stacee Jaxx” flipped a thong at me. I’m still laughing. That was hilarious. ~ We also went on a trip to New York. I saw my long-time school friend Katja in Ohio after 30 years, again; we visited Kevin’s highschool friends in Niagara Falls, he hasn’t seen for 24 years; we went to Canada, New York City, and saw the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
- In July, Finley passed away. I still feel sad of his passing. But I also believe, he’s in a good spot, hanging out with our dog Ranger. They both earned their wings for sure.
- In August, Sara went back to RCJ Machado to practise Jiu Jitsu. Since Katelynn is very busy with her school band, we needed an activity for Sara. She started Jiu Jitsu in 2015, took a two year break, and then went back again.
- In September, we got our floors done in our house. Those old nasty carpets and laminated floors went out. And a brand new tiled floor came in.
- In October, Kevin and I saw the Bret Michaels Band live in concert at Lava Cantina in The Colony. Bret is sooo sexy. I’m still drooling. 😀 😉
- In November, Kevin and I went to see Jeff Dunham’s show in Wichita Falls. He is a great comedian. Walter, Peanut, Achmed & friends are just awesome.
- In December, we went to California. Santa brought tickets to go to Disneyland. We had a beautiful time with family; went to the beach in San Diego; checked out Hoover Dam; visited the Grand Canyon, again; and therefore avoided some of the cold weather in Texas. We just came back home, two days ago.
Yep, it was a busy and amazing year. I’ve knocked out three items on my bucket list in the first half of 2017.
After posting 400 blogs, I can close this book and start a new one. May 2018 be as awesome as the previous year. Kevin and I plan to see P!nk live in concert in May. P!nk is on Kevin’s bucket list. He always wanted to see her, since he listened to her music and watched her first video. Let’s see, how that show will be.
I wish all my followers a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
In Memory of Finley, when he celebrated New Year’s Eve.
Happy New Year!
A friend of mine is visiting with her family from Germany. Every time she comes to Texas, we spend a day together. Since my girls had no school, we decided to go to the Fort Worth Zoo, today. Our kids had a blast. They also enjoyed learning German and English from one another.
When I go to the Fort Worth Zoo, I always have to visit the lions. They are just plain out my favorite animals. And when “Simba” performs his mighty ROOOAAAR, I’m in 7th heaven. There is nothing more majestic than a roaring male lion. Today, we came to their exhibit, and they all were just taking a nap. “Simba” snoozed on his back like he have no a care in the world. There was no ROOOAAAR for me, this time. But I’m happy to see the lions in a relaxed mood.
The lioness sleeps in the sun.
“Simba” doesn’t have a care in the world.