Say Hello to our new kitten, Ozzy, We’ve adopted him today. This morning I woke up, and decided, it’s time for a new cat to complete our house again, After Finley crossed the rainbow bridge, I had a hard time to even think about adopting a new cat for the last two years. But today was the day. I know Finley looks down from cat heaven, and is very proud that another animal found a furever home in our family.
Ozzy came home with us, and we introduced him to the gang. Luis sniffed out the box, while Ozzy tried to get out of it. Ozzy gave Luis a nose kiss, and they were buds from that moment onward. Chewbacca was next, he sniffed Ozzy’s butt. It’s funny, because this is usually the dogs’ job. But Chewbacca is a “dog” in his own way. Then our diva, Joshua, saw Ozzy. OMG, speaking of diva and drama. Joshua hissed and was mad, because he is so jealous. Chewbacca gave him a piece of his mind. And Joshua is mad at everyone, now. We have to give josh’ about 48 hours, and he will be alright. Even Lexi came out from her nap to welcome Ozzy into the family.
Sara played with Ozzy all afternoon. Now, they are both tired and take a nap on the couch. They literally pooped each other out.
Ozzy, the Cat
It has been a year, since Finley walked across the rainbow bridge to meet his buddy Ranger on the other side. Yes, it has been a year already. And it is still very hard for us to accept that he’s not with us anymore. *sigh* … I made a little collage of remembering Finley.
R.I.P. Best cat, who thought he was a dog!
Before I can start a new chapter, I have to review the old one for a moment. Wow, what a year!!! I think, I’ve never done so much in one year before, than what I’ve accomplished in 2017.
- In January, I’ve got my US citizenship. Nine months after applying for it, I took the oath on the 12th. What an exciting moment in my life.
- In February, a couple of ladies and I started a new community garden. Now, we can grow food for people in need. And we can enjoy it, because it is drama free.
- In March, my maternal grandmother passed away. Unfortunately, it would have happened sooner or later. It’s a part of life, and it has to go on. ~ We also had a hail storm. I’ve never seen hail this big. Our cars got a few dents from that storm.
- In April, Kevin had to go on a business trip in Long Beach, CA. He used the opportunity to go to Downtown Disney in Anaheim for an evening. ~ My friend Janet visited with her husband and son from Germany. We had such a fun day at the Fort Worth Zoo.
- In May, Sara had her dance recital. She got a trophy for that. ~ Kevin and I saw U2 live in concert. They performed in the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It was on my bucket list for the last 14 years.
- In June, Kevin and I went to the musical “Rock of Ages” at the Casa Mañana in Fort Worth. The guy, who played “Stacee Jaxx” flipped a thong at me. I’m still laughing. That was hilarious. ~ We also went on a trip to New York. I saw my long-time school friend Katja in Ohio after 30 years, again; we visited Kevin’s highschool friends in Niagara Falls, he hasn’t seen for 24 years; we went to Canada, New York City, and saw the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
- In July, Finley passed away. I still feel sad of his passing. But I also believe, he’s in a good spot, hanging out with our dog Ranger. They both earned their wings for sure.
- In August, Sara went back to RCJ Machado to practise Jiu Jitsu. Since Katelynn is very busy with her school band, we needed an activity for Sara. She started Jiu Jitsu in 2015, took a two year break, and then went back again.
- In September, we got our floors done in our house. Those old nasty carpets and laminated floors went out. And a brand new tiled floor came in.
- In October, Kevin and I saw the Bret Michaels Band live in concert at Lava Cantina in The Colony. Bret is sooo sexy. I’m still drooling. 😀 😉
- In November, Kevin and I went to see Jeff Dunham’s show in Wichita Falls. He is a great comedian. Walter, Peanut, Achmed & friends are just awesome.
- In December, we went to California. Santa brought tickets to go to Disneyland. We had a beautiful time with family; went to the beach in San Diego; checked out Hoover Dam; visited the Grand Canyon, again; and therefore avoided some of the cold weather in Texas. We just came back home, two days ago.
Yep, it was a busy and amazing year. I’ve knocked out three items on my bucket list in the first half of 2017.
After posting 400 blogs, I can close this book and start a new one. May 2018 be as awesome as the previous year. Kevin and I plan to see P!nk live in concert in May. P!nk is on Kevin’s bucket list. He always wanted to see her, since he listened to her music and watched her first video. Let’s see, how that show will be.
I wish all my followers a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
Every Christmas season as soon as we put up the tree, Finley waited patiently until we laid the skirt down under the tree. From that moment on, he took his cat naps under the Christmas tree until the season was over. Finley was very protective with his favorite spot as well. No other pet was allowed under the tree. And we had to re-arrange the presents in a certain way, so he could still take his naps there.
We really miss this cat very much. It is the first season without him napping under the tree. And even when Finley is not around us physically anymore, he is still with us in spirit for the last five months. Run free, Finley!
R.I.P. to the greatest cat, which thought he was a dog.
Thank you for being in our lives for the last decade. You were a trooper all the way until the end. We know, the last weeks must have been hard on you. But there is no pain, anymore.
Now, may your soul cross the rainbow bridge. Ranger is waiting for you at the gate. Tomorrow, tell him “Happy 1st Anniversary”. Both of you earned your wings.