Today we celebrate New Year and the first Full Moon of the year 2018. In January it is closest to Earth of this year. Luna will only be 221,559 miles (356,565 kilometers) from our planet at 8:24 pm CST (Central Standard Time in the US), tonight. On average, the moon is about 238,000 miles (382,900 km) from Earth. That’s why we call it a “Supermoon”. On January 31, 2018 we will have a Full Blue Moon, which will also be a “Supermoon”.
December 24, 2017
Santa did a test run with his sleigh and the reindeer the night before Christmas Eve. While he does his test run, he delivers the presents for a handful of children. I guess, Katelynn and Sara were selected for early delivery this year. When we were getting up on Christmas Eve morning, the presents were under the tree. And a letter from Santa was in the tree. He explained to the girls, why the presents arrived that early. 😉
Once the presents were unwrapped, we packed the luggage, the cooler and got activity games, DVD player, and coloring books together, before we put everything into the van. The neighbor’s daughter knew about our plan, so she could take care of our pets while we were gone. By 9 am, the tank was filled and we were on the road to the west.
While we were driving through Texas, Sara was fascinated with the oil pumps out in the fields. Katelynn was busy watching Bugs Bunny cartoons. And I told Kevin, how interesting it was when the vegetation changed from cotton fields to cacti and later to these yucca palms the further we drove towards El Paso. In El Paso, we drove to the motel to rest for the night. We still had a long way to go to get to California.
… to be continued …
Before I can start a new chapter, I have to review the old one for a moment. Wow, what a year!!! I think, I’ve never done so much in one year before, than what I’ve accomplished in 2017.
- In January, I’ve got my US citizenship. Nine months after applying for it, I took the oath on the 12th. What an exciting moment in my life.
- In February, a couple of ladies and I started a new community garden. Now, we can grow food for people in need. And we can enjoy it, because it is drama free.
- In March, my maternal grandmother passed away. Unfortunately, it would have happened sooner or later. It’s a part of life, and it has to go on. ~ We also had a hail storm. I’ve never seen hail this big. Our cars got a few dents from that storm.
- In April, Kevin had to go on a business trip in Long Beach, CA. He used the opportunity to go to Downtown Disney in Anaheim for an evening. ~ My friend Janet visited with her husband and son from Germany. We had such a fun day at the Fort Worth Zoo.
- In May, Sara had her dance recital. She got a trophy for that. ~ Kevin and I saw U2 live in concert. They performed in the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It was on my bucket list for the last 14 years.
- In June, Kevin and I went to the musical “Rock of Ages” at the Casa Mañana in Fort Worth. The guy, who played “Stacee Jaxx” flipped a thong at me. I’m still laughing. That was hilarious. ~ We also went on a trip to New York. I saw my long-time school friend Katja in Ohio after 30 years, again; we visited Kevin’s highschool friends in Niagara Falls, he hasn’t seen for 24 years; we went to Canada, New York City, and saw the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
- In July, Finley passed away. I still feel sad of his passing. But I also believe, he’s in a good spot, hanging out with our dog Ranger. They both earned their wings for sure.
- In August, Sara went back to RCJ Machado to practise Jiu Jitsu. Since Katelynn is very busy with her school band, we needed an activity for Sara. She started Jiu Jitsu in 2015, took a two year break, and then went back again.
- In September, we got our floors done in our house. Those old nasty carpets and laminated floors went out. And a brand new tiled floor came in.
- In October, Kevin and I saw the Bret Michaels Band live in concert at Lava Cantina in The Colony. Bret is sooo sexy. I’m still drooling. 😀 😉
- In November, Kevin and I went to see Jeff Dunham’s show in Wichita Falls. He is a great comedian. Walter, Peanut, Achmed & friends are just awesome.
- In December, we went to California. Santa brought tickets to go to Disneyland. We had a beautiful time with family; went to the beach in San Diego; checked out Hoover Dam; visited the Grand Canyon, again; and therefore avoided some of the cold weather in Texas. We just came back home, two days ago.
Yep, it was a busy and amazing year. I’ve knocked out three items on my bucket list in the first half of 2017.
After posting 400 blogs, I can close this book and start a new one. May 2018 be as awesome as the previous year. Kevin and I plan to see P!nk live in concert in May. P!nk is on Kevin’s bucket list. He always wanted to see her, since he listened to her music and watched her first video. Let’s see, how that show will be.