Hauling a dozen 28lbs. cinder blocks, eight 40lbs. bags of topsoil and two bags of mulch from the nursery into my van and from the van into the backyard was quite a workout this morning. At the nursery, of course, I’ve got some help. But at home, it was all on me. I’m sore, but it is a good sore. I’ve got some work done, today. *tapping myself on the shoulder*
Last Thursday, I’ve got the first dozen of cinder blocks already. That gave me time to lay them out and see how they look. Over the weekend, we had some storms coming in. And after that, we had a cool Sunday.
At this morning I hauled the second dozen of cinder blocks home and set up the full bed for “Phase 1”. Getting done with the outlining of the raised bed, I went for some soil back to the nursery. Filled with soil and mulch, the bed is done. I also planted Tickweed, Delphium, Lantana, Purple Autumn Sage and Black-eyed Susan.
The holes in the cinder blocks still need to be filled in with soil. And I have to plant some milkweed and other goodies for the butterflies and hummingbirds. That will come in “Phase 1/Part II”.